COURSES: XEOMIN BOTULINUM
This course offers attendees an introduction to the injection of on-label Incobotulinumtoxin A (Xeomin). It is intended for Registered Nurses with an interest in Aesthetic Healthcare, or Doctors or Dentists with an interest in offering Incobotulinumtoxin A in their practice. It combines an online pre-learning theory component with theory review and consolidation during the course as well as a practical workshop.
Attendees will be treating Frontalis (forehead), Glabella (frown) and Orbicularis Oculi (Crows) on live models under supervision.
- Health and safety and Infection Prevention and control relevant to the procedure.
- Understanding of contra-indications and suitability of client for treatment.
- Skills for facial assessment focusing on upper face musculature.
- Ability to recommend appropriate treatment placement and dosage.
- Ability to perform Incobotulinumtoxin A treatment and advise appropriate aftercare.
- The course runs over three full days with a pre-learning theory component with review and consolidation during the course.
- A practical workshop will include treatment of treating Frontalis (forehead), Glabella (frown) and Orbicularis Oculi (Crows) on live models under supervision.
- A certificate of completion will be offered after successful completion.
- Doctor oversight by Dr Gavin Lobo M.B., B.S., F.R.N.Z.C.G.P.
- Current registration certificate with the relevant NZ Professional body.
- Current (within 2 years) CORE Immediate / Level 4 Resuscitation (minimum).
- Indemnity Insurance.
- Online pre-learning via Merz website.
- $2,875 all inclusive of pre-learning guidance and training product.
Xeomin is a purified botulinum toxin type A free from complexing proteins. It is used to improve the look of upper facial lines including frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines), wrinkles at the side of eyes (crows feet) and horizontal forehead lines.
Xeomin ® (Incobotulinumtoxin A) 50, 100 Units is a Prescription Medicine. Indications: In adults, for the treatment of cervical dystonia; blepharospasm; spasticity of the upper limb; upper facial lines: glabellar frown lines, lateral periorbital lines (crow’s feet), horizontal forehead lines. Xeomin has both risks and benefits, consult your doctor if Xeomin is right for you. Further information on the risks and benefits of Xeomin can be found in the Consumer Medicine Information (CMI) available from www.medsafe.govt.nz or by calling 0800 822 310. Use strictly as directed. If symptoms continue or you have side effects, see your doctor, pharmacist or health care professional. Common side effects include: Headaches; nausea; tenderness, swelling, redness, numbness or bruising of the skin; dry eye; heavy feeling of eyelid/eyebrow/forehead; face/brow not symmetrical, dropping eyelids/eyebrows. Serious Side effects are rare and include allergic reactions. Xeomin is an unfunded medicine, prescription charge will apply. Normal doctor charges will still apply.
Copyright © 2019. Pharmacy Retailing NZ Limited t/a Health Care Logistics (HCL). 58 Richard Pearse Drive, Mangere, Auckland 2022 All rights reserved. Xeomin ® and Merz Aesthetics are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GMbH & Co. KGaA