INTRODUCTION TO MICRO-NEEDLING
This course offers attendees an introduction to Microneedling with Mesotherapy.
Micro-Needling, also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT), dermarolling, or skin needling, is a cosmetic procedure that involves repetitive micro-penetrations to the skin causing controlled trauma and resulting in the natural production of collagen.
This course provides attendees with knowledge and practical experience in Micro-Needling therapy using the M.Pen; as such it uses no topical anaesthesia.
The course is intended for Registered Nurses with an interest in Aesthetic Healthcare, or Beauty Therapists.
- Health and safety and Infection Prevention and control (IPC) relevant to the procedure.
- Understanding of contra-indications and suitability of client for treatment.
- Skills for facial assessment focusing on skin condition.
- Ability to recommend appropriate Micro-Needling treatment based on client requirements.
- Ability to perform Micro-Needling treatment including work station set-up, pre-treatment photographs and advice of appropriate aftercare.
- This is a one-day course providing comprehensive theory and preparation to perform Micro-Needling using the M.Pen.
- Includes practical workshop carried out on live models under supervision.
- A certificate of completion will be offered after successful assessment.
- Doctor oversight by Dr Gavin Lobo M.B., B.S., F.R.N.Z.C.G.P.
- Current registration certificate with the relevant NZ Professional body.
- Current (within 2 years) CORE Immediate / Level 4 Resuscitation (minimum).
- Indemnity Insurance.
- Online pre-learning/refresh IPC, the integumentary system, aging process, effects of aging and inflammatory / wound healing.
- $1500 + GST, all inclusive of pre-learning guidance and equipment during training.